How to Articulate Clear Marketing Value for CEOs
Most marketing leaders need help articulating marketing efforts' value to the CEO. The same applies to VCs and investors.
Don't overcomplicate it.
- Every single campaign being run
- CTR, or conversion rate from tactical ads
- Complicated marketing funnels
- Some 12-page strategy document
Optimise for this:
- What results do you want to achieve, by when, how, what you'll be tracking, why and plan B to pivot
- Confident plan to say no to over-whelm
- How the machine parts are essential for marketing. But only inputs <> outputs for CEO/VC.
- Improve your public speaking or comms
- Enough guts to make CEOs realise marketing is complicated (and not linear like closing a deal in sales)
In short, the most important thing is 'what you'll do, the big challenges to resolve, 'why' and 'the numbers'.
Keep all of this in mind when planning your comms.