Everything an Open-Minded CEO Needs to Know about GTM for 2023
It used to be acceptable for CEOs to build large sales teams and not value marketing.
CEOs don't want to — and — can't — admit linear sales led no longer works. They struggle to understand buyers' wish to switch between channels and experiences.
It means that B2B buyers demand simple, diverse buying workflows today.
As a result, sales reps are not the only channel to customers but simply a channel, and alignment across in-person, remote and digital is crucial for supporting customers in how they buy.
We call this 'Revenue Orchestration', which must be owned.
This changes the game for everyone on your team.
The focus will shift from.
Then: Sales led
Now: Alignment led
Then: Sales driver
Now: Revenue connector
Then: Pipeline supporter
Now: Revenue orchestrator
Then: Marketing ROI
Now: Revenue efficiencies
Then: Customer retention
Now: Revenue expander
Why is the Game Different?
• The revenue funnel has shifted, again
• Hiring in sales is not a growth plan
• Poor revenue alignment kills growth
• External forces have changed b2b selling
The winners will:
• Build a fantastic product and experience
• Build an engaged audience and brand
• Build a connected and aligned GTM machine
That's literally it.